Sunday, August 10, 2014

Nothing to it but to do it. That's What They Say, Right?

So it's no secret that I haven't been having that much luck with jobs. i mean I have this job helping run an online store but the way I get paid is if someone actually makes a purchase and so far that has not been too luck fulfilling on my part. So I decided I should volunteer. Volunteer work is a great way to get some experience that you can put on a resume and colleges love to see that. Not only that I genuinely love to help out.

So anyways tomorrow I have a meeting with the coordinator of volunteer services at this hospice center and of course I want to volunteer in the office part of the place because being pregnant and what not I feel as if I would get too emotional dealing with sick elderly people my heart is too big for that. I am good dealing with stoic work that doesn't get me attached to certain individuals. Maybe after I have the baby I will be less of a cry baby.

But anyway I am really in love with this opportunity. True its only volunteer but the aspect of getting to help out even a little bit and someone actually wants me to help out is so exciting to me. The only dimming side is that absolutely nothing fit so I had to go to the store where I had a time in a half finding anything remotely cute and comfortable to wear to the meeting up with him tomorrow. So now I have something somewhat decent. Even though its a meeting for volunteer work I still wanted to look somewhat professional because I don't want them to think I'd show up in just anything to help out.

But moral of this post, I just have to go in there and hope for the best possible outcome. I really want this opportunity to help someone else out even if it is just filing.

No comments:

Post a Comment