Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Went Nowhere to Somewhere Fast.

So I'm taking a shot in the aimless dark. I have no honest clue where this post is going. This is one of those times I suppose where I want to write but its nothing too extremely secretive I have in mind. I've been working on another (yes, another) story and though I see exactly where this little stories going I just have no want to work on it. Call it unmotivated, lazy, or just down right weird. I keep thinking why if I have words for this am I too lazy to put it down on to paper. That's actually pretty simple in my case. I have a million stories floating on around up there in that magical place I like to call my brain and sometimes they just don't want to be introduced into the world quite yet. I would like to think that they are just not ready and once the right words come out then the story will once again begin. I still have tons of stories half written out that I just never brought myself to finish. I still remember exactly where I was going with them I just never finished writing it out. My mom wants me to be a writer. She thinks I can go somewhere with it but I am one of those horribly critical in their own work people and never managed to put myself out there too far. I've been kind of thinking of starting a new Wattpad account or just using my same one and slowly publishing different beginnings to stories and see exactly where they go.

I think I'm just not too full of myself. I know there are tons of people out in the world that could put my writing to shame. Even when people say I need to put my stories out there let the world judge you, I'm afraid this cruel world may discover a new meaning of cruel when it comes to me for some reason. Should I stop being such a baby? I don't know. There are few things I get sensitive over and writing is one of my soft spots. I know that people can be cruel for no reason whatsoever, having witnessed it first hand.

Maybe I should just post it. Let the world embrace or reject my logic at least its only through the Internet behind a screen name right. I think that's what I'll do. And I'll add the link to it into the links or make a post telling where to find it. Hmmm off to put myself into the world, damned if I do damned if I don't.

2 comments:

  1. That is a great start to begin at Wattpad. I can tell others about you. I really hope that you can become a writer. Also, I know that feeling too. I love to draw and I draw really well. I have been complimented so many times. Though, sometimes, it's hard for me to have the inspiration to draw because I feel as if there are those who are better than me. I do have passion for writing too though, I have no intention to use it in the future. My teachers have complimented me, but there could be so many other people who are better than me. I truly want to become a Neurosurgeon which is why I'm going to GEC, but something keeps telling me that someone is better than you. So I've created a method to get rid of this problem:
    - don't compare yourself to others
    - if you do compare yourself to others, how about using them to your own advantage. Find out what you can learn from them and you can truly find it very beneficial
    - if your scared to show your talent to the world or think the world doesn't care, think about all the people who got famous for little things or (even though I don't want to say it) dumb things like Kim Kardashian. I don't ever want to offend anyone, but I honestly, How did she get famous for what she did??
    - Whenever you write, think of you and how you can leave a mark on the world. I'm for sure supporting you.
    - It's taken me a long time, but I began to believe. You just have to believe and start somewhere. Every time you write, remember that you are getting better and better.
    You can do it! And if you have haters, that means you're doing exactly what you wanted. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a great career path! I've been bouncing back and forth between Psychologist or teacher honestly and thank you for the advice. I haven't put anything up on wattpad but I will let you know as soon as I do :)

      Delete