Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Disappointment

I feel like this word is one of the best words that have an effect on expectations turning into anything even if that thing isnt very realistic. So many things in this world from sickness, cancelled dates, even dreams of college that has made itself unrealistic for the time being. Sometimes I suppose we expect the bitter taste of disppointment so it's not as sour. Then there's those times where disappointment is so unexpected it feels as if we've been kicked in the gut one swift time by a kangaroo. Why is it that it is in our nature to expect so much? And why when disappointment knocks upon our door and we have no choice but to let it in and sit for a while, why do we still keep expecting? Sure it's easy to say just dont expect things from people but its in our nature to put our hopes into others to seek out those who will never disappoint and a good majority of the time people can be more disappointing then things. And for others it's the opposite. One of my favorite things that I have thought of, even though i'm sure I'm not the only one whose thought of it, is spoken wishes. A lot of my friends don't understand the meaning but it just mean when you speak on a hope, dream, or want, it becomes less likely to come true. I really believe that when you speak on things they are less likely to happen. But disappointment all in all is a lesson, sometimes its harder to swallow then other times. My hope is that one day when I expect something it wont be followed with a huge gush of disappointment, I mean come on reality is hard enough to handle.

2 comments:

  1. You know what, you are so right. Why do people expect so much? We as human beings have chosen to take on such a demanding life that it causes issues such as disappointment. Disappointment just simply is when you have your hopes high and you are 100% sure and then the craziest thing slaps you in the face and spits on your shoes. Though, the definition may be debatable under certain circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just another thing I'll keep trying to figure out lol

      Delete