Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Impromptu Takeover

I never really realized just how important my laptop and devices were to me until they were really gone. I know I speak of them as if they were people, but when you have the forever alone status of my caliber those little guys become important. It happened slowly and spread itself out to completely shake my world. First went my phone that was stolen at an after school program that I rarely missed. But I knew I could survive because I had my trusty Ipod touch, not as useful as a phone but great around Wi-Fi. But slowly and surely it had a mental breakdown, I'm not sure if I put too much pressure on the little guy or it was just his time. And yet I could still survive because of my beautiful reliable laptop. Then the laptop decided that I didn't need it anymore and checked out Monday night. So for the past few days I've been using my mothers laptop and tablet when I can. My whole life was on those devices and my only salvation was passwords and Google back up. How have I let technology take over my life so quickly and unwittingly. I just know one thing, there's no going back to a tech-free independent life. And slowly smacking myself for not seeing this coming sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment